Saturday 23 September 2006

A lovely way to spend a day

I tried telling this story without giving away too much info about the specific school I work at, but it wasn't coming out right, so I've had to add some more detail - if this helps any anonymous readers work out more about who I am or where I work - good for you. I just hope you're not one of my students...

This morning while I was getting ready, the traffic report on the radio said there was a burst water main near school, so I made sure to go around a different (slightly longer) way, which still got me to school later than I like to because of all the traffic in the area. As soon as I walked through the front door, I was met by one of the senior teachers telling me we had an emergency staff meeting - in my teaching career I've experienced an "emergency staff meeting" once before and it was NOT a pleasant meeting. This one, however, was. Our school had no water supply and therefore had to close for the day. The kids came in and we let them call their parents to make sure they knew and then the kids went home. By 10, the kids were all gone and we were allowed to go too. I stayed a little longer to get a couple of things done and then came home. I brought some school things home to do, but ended up spending most of the day on the couch, watching tv and playing xbox. I was so exhausted and not looking forward to today and now I am feeling relaxed and re-energised. At least I will be after a long night's sleep. I'll probably have to do some work over the weekend, but that's ok - I did basically only work 4 days this week, after all.

5 comments:

  1. I glad you had a lovely day. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow isn't mum's grammar fantastic, lol.

    'I glad you had..' she sound like Asian woman. LOL

    Yay for having the day off and feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe

    oh, i also forgot to mention that it was rainy and cold outside, so being inside was an extra bonus

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the burst water main in front of the school didn't give away your identity, the photo of you in the previous post should. lol

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should clarify that i am actually more concerned about a stranger working out what school i work at, especially since i haven't exactly given the school a glowing review so far

    ReplyDelete