Thursday 19 July 2007

The end is near

I wanted to write a post about Harry Potter and what it means to be living through the phenomenon before the 7th and final book is released this weekend, but I woke up this morning with a killer headache that sent me back to bed for several hours and I'm still not feeling too hot (this is pretty much what happens to me every time a school term/year ends and my body stops using stress to hold off disease). I may still write it and come back to post it tomorrow, but I'm not too sure...

See, I plan to have a self-imposed internet ban for the next few days - it has been confirmed that some people have already got their hands on a copy of the book and I really don't want anything to be spoiled before I get a chance to read it on Saturday. Besides that, I want to make some little bits and pieces, like finishing a wand and making some more SPEW badges, by Friday night, so not having my computer to distract me will be handy. So I won't be around, to write here (although I've been slack about that anyway), to read your blogs, I may even avoid email until I've finished the book, which I'm expecting to probably be Sunday. My internet presence will be virtually non-existent until then, but I will be back.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate
    Given you won't read this till Sunday..... How is life in a post Harry Potter world?
    Hope it's a good ending and assume that I will hear the ending before we read it :0 But that's OK. We've decided to just read them now so hopefully Cal will get
    PoA for his birthday tomorrow then the next one after school finishes in Dec next one for Christmas etc till we eventually catch up - more because Ross and I want to read them - also with the movies coming out so many more kids in the know etc. Look forward to your rating of the last book and much awaited ending!

    ReplyDelete