Wednesday 8 August 2007

August 07 & Project ??

august 07


Yeah, I still haven't got around to counting up my projects, but here's another one - a custom dress form that I finished today partly so I had something to photograph for my daily photo. It started as two old t-shirts, a couple rolls of tape, a wire coat-hanger from the dry cleaner and a cardboard tube that I can't remember acquiring and is now a near exact replica of my torso that I can use to drape fabric and make patterns and stuff - I am hoping to make a couple of dresses, hopefully ones I can wear to the upcoming weddings, because I can't find anything in the shops. It is stuffed with two things I was glad to get rid of/put to a more positive use - our big pile of plastic shopping bags and a bunch of shredded documents from last year at that craptacular job. Its kind of weird being able to look at your body shape without looking in the mirror.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little concerned by the angle of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why?
    the 'arty' shots looked better than a front-on regular picture of it
    but yes, that's a boob and an arm stump :)

    ReplyDelete