Wednesday 21 March 2007

whassssssuuuuup

I don't think I actually have anything interesting to say, I just felt the need to post. So, here's some random thoughts from the mind of me:

  • I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books in anticipation of the release of book 7 (4 months and like 6 hours away - yay - still trying to decide where we want to be for the midnight party). I'm trying to follow a schedule I found online and pretty much failing miserably. related to that...
  • I achieve much less when I have more time on my hands. I'm not working at the moment, so you'd think all the things I want to do would get done, right? nope. I think the lack of any time pressure allows me to spend way too much time doing not much of anything, like spending stupid amounts of time online.
  • I have a growing flickr addiction. There's so much cool stuff there when you explore. But I am learning things too - about photography, image manipulation, cool software - so I guess thats good.
  • My attempts to get some work took a huge leap forward today - looks like I'll be doing some supply/casual teaching pretty soon. In regards to points 1&2, this probably means I'll at least get more reading done - not much else to do at lunchtime when you don't know anyone.
  • I miss having friends. Well, I miss having friends I can acually talk to face-to-face on a somewhat regular basis. Its mostly my fault - I haven't made any effort to go out and meet new people. Yet, sometimes I wonder if there's any point making new friends when I'll just be moving back to Australia - I don't want to miss people again after I move back home.
  • I considered doing a more low-skilled job or something just for the opportunity to meet people to hang out with, but I just can't justify the crappy pay compared to what I can earn for a few days a week of teaching.
  • We went back to the Tower of London on Saturday, then to a place near Graeme's work for Dutch Pancakes and then to the British Museum. We decided to make a more conscious effort to do something at least every other weekend. So, over the next couple of months we plan to go to the Tate Modern to ride the giant slides; visit Thorpe Park one last time before our passes run out; go to Monkey World (featured on Animal Planet show Monkey Business), explore south-west England while we're there; see the baby elephant at Whipsnade (like Western Plains is to Taronga, Whipsnade is to London Zoo); go to Amsterdam and see lots of tulips; and try to book a longer holiday in continental Europe. Thats why I need to work :)
  • Tomorrow, I plan to do A Day In the Life Of me. Basically you take a whole bunch of pictures showing what your day is like. There's a group on flickr (told you I was addicted) where everyone does it on the same day. Not sure how interesting mine will be, as I think I have already established that I'm not doing much lately - although maybe it will motivate me to do something so I have something to photograph...
Oh, and it's my sister's birthday today (well, technically it has already passed in Australia, but whatever), so:
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!

Wow, that was much longer than I expected it to be...

2 comments:

  1. I get special mention!! Go me, lol.

    I'm actually on schedule for the HP reading thing. Starting Chamber of Secrets tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to get our first 2 books back off Jac so I can do the same

    ReplyDelete